Dr. David Baer visits Regenerative Medicine Today and discusses the programs of the U.S. Army Institute of Surgical Research. Dr. Baer is the Director of the Research Office at the Institute of Surgical Research in San Antonio, Texas.
In the podcast, Dr. Baer discusses:
- Mission of the Army includes operational medicine; aka sports medicine in the civilian world
- Institute’s focus on combat casualty care and traumatic injury
- Interest in regenerative medicine to address severe injuries
- The new medical challenges from the current conflict
- The broad scope of the Institute from basic science to clinical studies
- Training and career opportunities at ISR
For more information about Institute of Surgical Research, please click here.
Host John Murphy.
For more information about the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, visit:
McGowan Institute Research Site
McGowan Institute Patient Site
McGowan Institute on Facebook
McGowan Institute on Twitter