Dr. Milica Radisic visits Regenerative Medicine Today and discusses her studies related to functional tissue engineering. Dr. Radisic is an Assistant Professor, Institute of Biomaterials and Biomedical Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, University of Toronto.
In the podcast, Dr. Radisic discusses the research in the Laboratory for Functional Tissue Engineering at the University of Toronto; focus areas include:
- Biomimetic approach to cardiac tissue engineering
- Development of functional, clinically sized (1-5 mm thick), compact cardiac constructs with physiologically relevant cell densities (108 cells/cm3)
- Advanced bioreactors for functional tissue engineering of myocardium
- Biophysical modulation of engineered myocardium
- Separation of heterogeneous cell populations (MEMS)
For more information on Dr. Radisic, please click here.
Host John Murphy.
For more information about the McGowan Institute for Regenerative Medicine, visit:
McGowan Institute Research Site
McGowan Institute Patient Site
McGowan Institute on Facebook
McGowan Institute on Twitter